Commander Decks This Friday

Use this forum to set up gaming events for you and your friends and other Roc Gamers. See the forum rules for specific instructions on how to do this.
Forum rules
In your topic title, BE SURE to include the following information in the following format:
GROUP NAME: EVENT DESCRIPTION, DATE OF EVENT. WHO IS INVITED.
Example: "BAMF: Online Modern Warfare 2 night, 9/9/10. Open to all Roc gamers and friends.

Commander Decks This Friday

Postby admin » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:00 am

To reiterate for Ben, we're bringing a full commander deck this Friday to play with our Planechase and Archenemy cards.

Here are the rules for building commander decks, as a reminder:

1) Select a Commander card. This card must be a "Legendary" type Creature.
2) Build a deck of 99 other cards.
...2a) You may have only 1 copy in this deck of any non-basic land card. (That is, you may only have more than one copy of cards named Forest, Mountains, Plains, Island, or Swamp)
...2b) It is recommended you have 40 or so lands in the deck.
...2c) Cards with color in their casting costs or in their main box text (any mana symbols) can only be included if ALL colors shown are present in your Commander's casting costs.
3) Keep in mind, the more colors you have, the more versatile your deck can be, but also the harder to cast spells it will be
4) Keep in mind also that you want to be able to cast your commander to utilize them! Each time you must cast them, they become 2 colorless mana more to cast. Commanders with high casting costs or that require lots of mana to cast can be harder to play
5) It is possible to shuffle a commander card into a player's deck using spells, if the commander has been cast from the command zone into play--you may want to put some card search in your deck
6) Keep in mind also that player life totals start at 40--the Archenemy will probably be either 60 or 80--but it only takes 21 damage from a single Commander to kill a player!!
-Doigey :ugeek:
-Setting Writer, Awari; Game Designer, ROC
admin
Site Admin

Re: Commander Decks This Friday

Postby admin » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:40 am

PS, we'll meet at 5 PM this week.

PPS, Tony your Ugin dragon is selling for $30 right now.

PPPS, OMG I must have this card from the upcoming set: http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/dragons ... on-tempest
And this one: http://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/dragons ... n-unbroken
admin
Site Admin

Postby Pulliam » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:29 am

sorry i wasnt there last week. how did the commander idea go? let me know if we are gathering this week and if i need to bring commander deck
Violence : If it's not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it.
Pulliam

Postby Shplunking » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:48 pm

It went ok and yes bring a deck.
"What did I do?" - Splunking, after being kicked off a mountain top by a Titan.
Shplunking

Postby admin » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:10 am

Tonight at 6 pm, the commandering shall continue!
admin
Site Admin

Postby Pulliam » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:10 am

Anyone have a Akroma's memorial that they are willing to part with? I can trade for it or pay money.
Violence : If it's not solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it.
Pulliam

Return to RocConnect